Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

pppoe on a 3rd interface

Unanswered Question

Hello,

I have a 515 pix with 3 interfaces (inside, outside and extra), and I would like to configure the extra interface to negociate pppoe, this will be a kind of a second outside interface (security level =0), but seems that just the outside interface has this capability and can not be more than 2 interfaces with 0 security level

I would like to have some advise to:

1)activate pppoe in this extra interface or

2)switch identities between the outside interface and the extra interface without having to reconfigure all the rules, and keep all the default routing unchanged.

beforehand thanks for your sugestions.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jsivulka Mon, 03/15/2004 - 15:43
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

If I remember correctly, the earlier bahaviour was that two interfaces could be configured with the same security level. However, traffic would not pass between these two interfaces and this was also not a supported configuration. To configure PPPoE on a PIX, please refer to the document at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/pppoe-for-pix501.html. Also, please note that PIX 515 cannot be configured as a PPPoE client "This function was recently introduced with PIX OS version 6.2 and is targeted for the low-end PIX (501/506)".

Actions

This Discussion