Maximun WDS Clients

Unanswered Question
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
swaterhouse Tue, 03/16/2004 - 12:10
User Badges:

Bonjour M. Lapointe

So far, what I've understood of the WDS concept, is that a WDS is working at Layer 2, thus the necessity of having only one AP as a WDS link. When I tested them, all others you put on the same subnet, regardless of the priority, becomes "backup". I've experience that you can only use this feature, ONLY if you are using LEAP as an encryption mean.

We've tested PEAP (MSCHAPv2) and it works fine, until you turn on the WDS feature, only wanting to work in LEAP, disconnecting then all clients. Very annoying.

But the concept still is mystic, we've been on the case for the past 2 weeks, pas facile.

Cheers

Bonne fin de journée

Steve

I agree with you that the concept is not well defined. I think I've read all the documentations available about WDS and still have found more questions then answers. All paper from cisco always refer to the WDS documentations for more details but there I'm still searching it. I would realy like to have an in depth technical coverage of WDS.

I'm using LEAP so the FastRooming feature of WDS should help in my case but, for me, the main reason to use it is to enable the Radio Management feature of WLSE.

I'm still concerned about the fact of having a lots of APs on the same segment (VLANs) with WDS enabled.

Thanks anyway for your thoughts.

Merci et Bonne Journée aussi.

Michel

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network