cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Handset not active when taken of hook on incoming calls

rwiesmann
Level 4
Level 4

I got the problem that sometimes on incoming calls on to an IP Phone (7940/60) when i take the handset

the call is not active on the handset. Via the Softkey "Answer" i could take the phone but only on the speaker.

CCM is 3.3(3)sr 3

Phoneload is P00305000301

Did somebody have some issues like this?

Thanks for any information regarding the problem.

Roger

6 Replies 6

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

This is a problem with the IP phone hookswitch. Most likely you will need a replacement for the phone. There is a Cisco internal field notice which you can give to the TAC engineer when he takes the case.

http://www-tac.cisco.com/Support_Library/field_alerts/fn27655.html

Thanks for you feedback but i can not get access to

the link you posted.

Domain seams wrong (www-tac.cisco.com).

So maybe you can post it again so i can access it.

Thanks

Roger

You cannot access that link, neither can I because it belongs to Cisco's intranet. The reason I gave the link is for the Cisco engineer to reference it if you open a Cisco TAC case.

o.k. but do you have more information to what

is wrong whith the hookswitch?

Regards

Roger

Since the field notice is internal, I cannot give you more information. This is a manufacturing defect.

Engineering failure analysis has determined that out-of-spec vendor components may have made these early phones susceptible to hookswitch failure.

We have spent several hours troubleshooting this issue, hope you don't have to do that.

You can find at least part of the info here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/hook_switch.html

If working the hookswitch a dozen or so times manually doesn't clear up the problem, you will have to go ahead and RMA the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: