cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software bridging with call handling on same server

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have seen conflicting information on the ability to support software bridged conference calls on the same server handling call management and routing. Can both functions be performed on the same server? Or msut software bridging always be done on a separate dedicated server?

3 Replies 3

There is no reason it can't be done on the same server. For example we handle conferencing on our Call Managers just fine.

Just to make sure we are talking the same thing, do you use the software bridging or the hardware bridging? (Hardware bridges are no problem).

How big is one of your sites that handles software bridging on the same server as CallManager? What server model and how many users on it?

I have no bridging hardware, it's all software on the Call Manager. The site is about 250 phones with a maximum of 20 bridge points configured on the publisher Call Manager. Server is a P3-933, (I think).

-Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: