Views
Helpful
Replies

Resolving web page

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am currently using a cisco router IOS-12. I apoligize as I am new at using the cisco routers. What is happening is that a web site off of our lan is not resolving, for everyone else in the world it is resolving. I can ping the ip of the address (although seems quenched)...but not the name. I have done slot of research as to why this is not resolving on other services but not ours...my suspician is the eigrp protocol needs to be looked at, but I dont know where to start...any suggestions or links would be very helpfull.

Don

1 Reply 1

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Don,

It does not appear that routing is the issue here. It is more likely to be DNS if you can ping the site by IP address and not by name. One way to troubleshoot would be to use the command 'nslookup' on a machine on your LAN. Once you enter that, type in the DNS name of the site that you are trying to access. I suspect it will not resolve to the right address.

E.g

C:\>nslookup

Default Server:

Address:

> www.cisco.com

Server:

Address:

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: www.cisco.com

Address: 198.133.219.25

>

I am not sure what you mean by "quenched", If you can expand on that, that might also help.

Cheers,

Paresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: