cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller-ID on CallManager3.3 with FXO port on Gateway

sticano
Level 1
Level 1

My gateway (2621XM) supports the caller-id command for the FXO port. I run a debug and see the calling parties number coming through, but Callmanager does not seem to push it through to the ip phones. Does Callmanager 3.3(3) support caller-id for FXO ports?

20 Replies 20

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have VIC-2FXO-M1?

Are you using H.323?

Can you please show your config?

H. M.

hinho is correct in asking if you are using h.323. CallerId on FXO's w/ MGCP is not supported.

I am using MGCP. Forgive my ignorance, but can you use H.323 with Callmanager 3.3(3)?

Yes, you can. I have it configured that way.

Would you mind sharing the key aspects of the config?

sticano@iplogic.com

Thanks..

No I am using VIC-2FXO with MGCP. The later post says that I cannot use MGCP with FXO to use caller-id. I am going to research if I can use H-323 with Callmanager to achieve this goal.

You can definitely use the VIC-2FXO with H.323 and CCM3.3.3 and retrieve Caller-ID as we are doing that right now in my network... If you need more specifics, let me know.

We also have MGCP with FXO and I am going to check on the caller-id because I thought it worked as well, but those sites may only use the FXO for SRST dial-out purposes.

Caller-Id with fxo and mgcp definately does not work.

Could you send me an idea of the config? I am able to make outgoing calls, but incoming are failing. Thanks for any help you can offer.

sticano@iplogic.com

Why don't you post your config, that way I can get a good idea of whats going on.

/andy

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern .......

session target ipv4:10.0.96.200

incoming called-number 1234

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

voice-port 1/0/1

timing hookflash-out 50

caller-id enable

and I have a H.323 gateway defined in Callmanager

Where do you want your inbound calls to the fxo port to go? What number do your inbound extensions begin with? For my example lets say your extension are four digit and start with 34 and you want inbound calls to go to 3400, here is what you would paste in:

voice-port 1/0/1

timing hookflash-out 50

caller-id enable

connection plar 3400

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 34..

session target ipv4:10.0.96.200

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

/andy

I added the plar statement. That makes sense, although I am still getting a busy signal when I dial in. I can debug on the router and see the call come in, it just doesn't seem to go to the callmanager. Any ideas??

Scott

remove the direct inward dial command from your voice pots dial-peer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: