cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why the eigrp cannot resotre automatically after the PVC connection restore

aic.cco
Level 1
Level 1

I configure a 3600 router with eigrp and default route to connect another 3600 router with the PVC and a internet circuit.at the normal circumstance,the best route choice is going through PVC by running eigrp,but sometime traffic will transfer to the internet upstream when the PVC circuit encounter problems.after the PVC is restored,the traffic still passing through from the internet upstream,I wonder why the traffic have no jump back to PVC,every time I have to manully change the configuration in my local cisco3600 router,first NO NETWORK ***** IN ROUTER EIGRP 333,then NETWORK ****,this traffic will be transfer to the PVC

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

It's difficult to say much without more information. What you could do is to see the routing table once the primary has gone down. See how the route to the remote destination is learnt and check if there is a reason why once installed, the secondary route might be considered more favourable as compared to the primary. I have seen this happen with BGP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: