cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are the ports used by Cisco VPN Client?

qs_cco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to open my outbound traffic on my firewall to permit two internal (in LAN) Cisco VPN Client to connect to their VPN over Internet.

I've already open 500/UDP port, but they aren't able to connect. If I open all outbound ports, they're able to connect.

What are the ports used by Cisco VPN Client?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkapoor
Level 3
Level 3

You need to open:

UDP 500

Protocol ESP

You may also need to open UDP port 4500 (if NAT-T is being used).

Further, if the clients are connecting to a VPN 3000 series Concentrator and it is configured for any of the other NAT-Transparency options, corresponding ports need to be opened. By default:

1. If IPSec over TCP 10000 is being used, then open TCP 10000.

2. If IPSec over UDP 10000 is being used, open UDP 1000.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

ip protocol 50, esp. maybe ip protocol 51, ah (not likely).

you may need udp 4500 or 10000 depending on whether it is using nat encapsulation (it probably is out of the box, but depends on what kind of a device it is connecting to). your best bet is to parse the pix logs from that ip to see what ports it is using

pkapoor
Level 3
Level 3

You need to open:

UDP 500

Protocol ESP

You may also need to open UDP port 4500 (if NAT-T is being used).

Further, if the clients are connecting to a VPN 3000 series Concentrator and it is configured for any of the other NAT-Transparency options, corresponding ports need to be opened. By default:

1. If IPSec over TCP 10000 is being used, then open TCP 10000.

2. If IPSec over UDP 10000 is being used, open UDP 1000.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: