cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial troubles in 3745

pgasol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a router 3745 with IOS c3745-ik9o3s-mz.123-5c in a flash of 128 Mb.

The router has a module with 8 serial and when I configure any serial port and I plug the serial cable, suddenly the console doesn't work and of course the serial port either.

Can anybody help me, please?

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can you open a backdoor to the router by assigning an ip add. to ethernet, connect it to a hub or switch and then connect a PC in same segment (or use cross over cable). Configure the vty lines to accept telnet connections. See if you can telnet into the router when the router freezes..This would let us get inside the router and grab a show tech-support command output when the router freezes. Also you could allow access to the router through the AUX port and see if you can access the router when it freezes.

You could also try the following alternatives,

Try a different IOS version. IF you have a spare module, see if the same thing happens again. Are you trying to configure only one interface at a time (while the remaining serial interfaces are shutdown) or have you enabled all 8 serial interfaces at the same time. Try configuring one interface at at time, with the other interface shutdown.

Hope that helps!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: