cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 800 Series Reset to factory Defaults

mcarussi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, although performing an erase nvram: command resets startup configuration, I notice that old informations are retained by the router. ie. the serial port speed, last tftp address and so on. How is it possible to completely reset the router as if it was switched on for the very first time?

2 Replies 2

Thanks for yr reply. I had already read the link you suggested, but after doing so, if I enter TinyROM monitor, and perform a Show command, I still see previuolsy stored informations such unit-ip, serv-ip netmask and com port speed. So I guess it's not enough. An 803 router in Germany has been working as a pots attachments for a month. Recently it was configurated to work as a router with crypto features set. After doing that it cannot dial out any more, in no way. We made everything to solve the issue but with no success. dialing from phones or fax machines attached to pots always result in a busy tone. ????

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: