Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the max. bandwith limitation on cisco 2621XM router

valuelabs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. The need to learn more about cisco has driven me to this forum. The topics are very helpful.

As per the datasheet provided on Cisco site, 2621XM supports

NM- 1

AIM- 1

WIC - 2

FE - 2

Performace - 30 kpps.

I would like to know the maximum bandwidth it can take.

regds,

Mahesh

3 Replies 3

fabios
Level 1
Level 1

Mahesh,

there is no way to go from PPS to bandwidth withouth further hypotesys. The reason way I am saying so is because packet size varies and even switching methods varies so the router might be faster tha expected. I suppose that those 30 KPPS are process switched (which means the router CPU is interrupted to look up the routing table, make a routing decision and queue the packet).

So enabling things like CEF (cisco express forwarding) only the first packet generates an interrupt the rest of the flow will not.

I suggest a basic reading on the subject here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_tech_note09186a00800a7306.shtml

Cheers

Fabio

i think you can use bandwith (#ban) command to change the bandwith to the max available capacity.

i hope usefull.

thaar al_taiey

Tsasbrink
Level 1
Level 1

Bandwidth is not easy to predict and can heavily dependant on the usage of ios features and used interfaces.

I have seen 2621xm doing 50Mbit on builtin fast ethernets but allso ones being overloaded at 10Mbit due to features as nat, routing protocols, acl's, firewall, accounting and so on.

So to be practically op to 50Mbits would be my best guess.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card