Views
Helpful
Replies

LOF alarm at the converter

ashish_gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I was doing an installation for G.703/G.704 to ethernet converter for a radio link. The G.703 interface is provided by the ISP. The ISP uses the Rad FCD-2 modem to configure the bandwidth to 128 kbps. from there it goes to the 3600 router. The converter i m using is AISAi converter.

configuration on my converter is

speed 128 kbps

framing enable

clock slave

and impedance 120ohms

and router configuration is

encapsulation ppp

ppp bridge ip

i m getting a LOF at my side. I try to give loop to the ISP , he gets the loop . If i put conveter in unframed mode my alarm goes and my ethernet comes up but the serial and line protocol of isp goes down. However in both conditions he gets the loop and once the loop is removed i m back to square one.

any help will be appreciated

aasheesh

3 Replies 3

albert.remo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

LOF errors are usually caused by mismatches in the configuration. One parameter is the CRC. Try checking the CRC configuration on both the FCD and the router. Try to also look for other mismatches. Just match all the parameters at both end. Surely, when loopback is done, the circuit will work since it sees itself and its own configuration and it isolates itself from the other circuit.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Albert

hi

LOF alarm is gone but the reliability still is low. but thanks for ur help . i beleive the modems dont sync well. by the way do u have idea about G.732N and G.732S signalling. which one goes with G.704

Hi!

Glad to be of help. I am not so familiar with those yet but i'll try to do some research. I'll get back to you as soon as I have the information.

Regards,

Albert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: