cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler recording limit

m.berbiche
Level 1
Level 1

I already posted this question on Ip telephony forum, I would like to know if there is a way to upgrade the recording limit of a call handler , so far the limit was 1min:30secs. it was suggested to change the lenght of the greeting in the administrator COS, which I changed for 180sec, I was able to record via the Web media master up to 7min:52secs , although the parameter allowed only 180secs. I would like to be able only to record from a phone using the call handler greeting administrator . Do you have any suggestion please?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phone conversation should limit it to the maximum greeting recording time in the COS of the caller making the change. The Web interfaces don't necessarily stick to the limits set (you can get around the limits in the web interface by pasting an existing WAV file anyway).

If you set the max record time for a greeting on the COS of a subscriber to 180 and that subscriber calls in and accesses the greetings administration conversation over the phone, they should be limited to 3 minutes for the greeting.

Is this what you're asking?

Thank you for your response. We did change the parameter in the class of service, we were able to record up to 3min, but the value of lenght programmed in Unity is not corresponding with the actual time limit, ex: if we programmed 300secs in Unity, we can record less than 300secs.

So for now, we will leave the value to meet our requirements.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: