cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help recording a prompt to be played on subsequent calls

jim.stengle
Level 1
Level 1

I want to be able to record a prompt and save it on the server and play the prompt on subsequent calls. I am looking for a user to call into the system and record a prompt and have the prompt played on subsequent calls. At some point the user would be able to delete the prompt when it is no longer needed.

I have not been able to find clear documentation on how to do this.

13 Replies 13

webberr
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is a handy script I use to allow users to record greetings that are then stored on the CRS server. You can set the path where the greeting will be stored by editing the "GreetingPath" variable. Right now I have it set to the default user directory.

This script prompts the user for a 3-digit number (though you can actually enter between 1 and 10 digits), then stores the recording on the server as a wav file. So if the user enters 123, the resulting recording gets saved as C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en_us\123.wav (where 123 is stored in the GreetingID variable).

You can then have other scripts play a prompt that uses the 123.wav file.

If you want to control the name of the wav file, simply hard-code the GreetingID variable to what you want the name to be.

I've included the wav files used by the script itself in the event you don't want to make your own.

Good luck - Rob.

Hi,

Is there anyway of getting these attachments reposted?

Thanks,

Doug

Sure, here you go...

Rob.

Thank you. We are working with 4.x and would need to use the 'upload prompt' step to get the recordings in the repository. Have you worked with the 'upload prompt' step? I'm having trouble getting it to work.

Hi,

I haven't revamped this script for 4.x yet. It sounds like 'upload prompt' would be the correct command. What type of error are you receiving when you try to use it?

You could try posting your script here as well.

Rob.

I not receiving an error it's going to the unsuccessful tab and the prompt is not showing up in the repository. I can't upload the script because it's been converted to IPCC 4.5.

Hi,

If you want to post your script I will try to take a look at it.

Rob.

Here you go.

Thanks for looking at this.

Doug

Hi,

I tried looking at the script but, of course, it requires CRA Editor 4.x. I only have 3.x and I can't find the 4.x Editor anywhere. I think you normally get it from the IPCC Express server itself, but of course we don't have 4.x.

Any ideas where I can download it?

Thanks - Rob.

Hi Rob,

I can email it to you. What's you're address?

Thanks,

Doug

Hi,

You can email it to rwebber@statestreet.com

Rob.

I am looking into the same task and would like to know if you ever had success uploading the prompt?

Thanks,

I never did get a copy of script editor 4.x. I couldn't find it on CCO anywhere, and it seems impossible to test without it. If you have it, feel free to email it over.

Rob.