cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1200AP fails to aquire IP address, 10.0.0.1 doesn't work

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

I'm having a problem connecting to a 1231 AP. It was working previously, but I reset to factory default to clear the config. Now, it won't pick up an IP address from the DHCP server, and the default address of 10.0.0.1 doesn't work either. I have tried resetting the config again with the mode key, with the same problem.

If I plug a laptop into the Ethernet cable it does get a dhcp lease. The switch it's connected to shows "ap" for show cdp neighbor detail, but no IP address. I tried the IPSU utility, but it doesn't return an address either.

Any ideas on how to reset this?

Thanks, Randy

2 Replies 2

telnetgj79
Level 1
Level 1

Randy,

Try to connect thro' the console port and assign IP to BVI interface on the same subnet as your laptop/PC. I would guess the config might be corrupted.

HTH.

Regards,

Janakan Rajendran

I should have mentioned that the console access doesn't work. I can see the boot sequence, but can't enter any commands. I also tried a break sequence, but it looks like Aironet APs don't have a rommon mode.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card