Views
Helpful
Replies

Change IP addresses in CallManager Cluster

ruben.montes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have to change the ip adresses of both a publisher and a subscriber in a CallManager. I have read a cisco's pdf explaining that, but have somebody conducted this change in an operational environment successfully??

Regards,

Ruben

9 Replies 9

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

We've completed it once. The procedures isn't too bad. The complexity comes if you want to change hostname or if you have a ipcc in your environment.

I just did this week. I have some problem with Extension mobility though I have changed the Extension mobilty link too. The user just can't log on any more. I ended unsubscriber each phone and subscribe again. But now the problem is user can not log out. I am looking into this. If somebody has idea about this, please let me know too. Thanks

Hello,

you had also a CallManager cluster? Can you please explain me which are the steps that you followed to do this change?

Many thanks,

Ruben

Ruben

yes, cluster with pub and sub

Here are the steps I took:

0. remove one harddrive in case u have problem u can use this mirror back, assuming u have 2 drives server.

1. Change NIC IP

2. Access web admin, go to system>server, change to new IP

3. go to system>cisco call manager>change to new IP

4. go to sub, change host table to reflect new IP

5. Restart pub, then sub

6. go to sub, check the system>server has updated new pub address, which means SQL has synced. or u can use DBhelper to check

7. Now change the enterprise parameter to reflect new IP if u didn't use DNS

8. Change all the ip phone service link to reflect new IP

obviously, u'll have to change the other voip components:

1. GW: if was mgcp auto config, change the ccm-manager config server to new IP(assuming new pub is your TFTP server); if h323, need to change dialpeer to new IP

2. unity: In UTIM, change one of the CCM to new pub, most cases should be your 2nd server in unity

3. If you have IPCC, then u have a lot more to do: uninstall/reinstall IPCC to make sure pub is your 2nd CTI manager; change pc agent registry to reflect new IP as ldap_hostA.

Good luck

Regarding logging out of Extension mobility:

Ensure that the device profile that a user logs into also has the extension mobility service associated to it. You might need to unsubscribe the service and resubscribe to it under the device profile for the new IP address to work correctly (just as you did with the phone itself).

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

I changed the IP address of our Publisher about this time last year (CCM 3.3.4). I went pretty well for the most part. The one thing you should expect is for the SQL database to lose synchronization. Use the "dbhelper" utility and be very patient while it runs. It may take an hour to run.

One other problem that happen and it was just due to my own oversight was not updating the IP address on the IVR in ALL the necessary places. If memory serves, there were three places that reference the IP address on the IVR app and I overlooked one.

Good luck with your change. I think you'll be fine. If I can find the PDF I used, I'll post it.

..and change the lmhost file to reflect correct ip-addresses!

Yes! S.monteiro is correct. I forgot to look for the pdf that helped me. I remember that changing the lmhost file was part of the tasks listed within the pdf. I'll look tomorrow when I return to the office.

Hello,

can you explain me the steps you followed to re-synchronize the database with the dbhelper (or any documentation about that)?

I'm doing this change on a customer on Monday, I hope I'll have all the possible scenarios prepared...

In the worst case, for what I have understood, the principal problem could be in the subscriber (not synchronizing the database...). If publisher is working properly after the changes, reinstalling the subscriber you think is a solution also or all these problems could be solved with dbhelper?

Regards,

Ruben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: