cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Request to confirm Unity license pooling part number(s)

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Our support vendor advises that we need to order (1) part number UNITY-UM-USR-E, a costed item, for each server that will participate in license pooling. I know that part number UNITY-LIC-POOL, is a no cost item. I would like confirmation of this before moving forward with our order.

Thanks in advance! Ginger

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi again -

Does anyone have an update for me :-)

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Not sure if you have gotten an answer yet. I just got a quote for some additional Unity Unified Messaging User Licenses and the quoted Part Number is : UNITY-UM-USR-E -- I need one of for each and every user I set up. When I run out of these licenses I have to order more. So I would say you likely need 1 of the no charge "Pool Licenses" per participating server and one of the UNITY-UM-USR-E for each user that has a unified voice mailbox. By the way, I think the "E" at the end of the part number signifies that this license is for Microsoft Exchange.

I believe that there are VM ONLY user licenses which are also available at roughly 1/2 the cost per user (around $45 per user vs. $95)

Brian

Hi Brian -

Thanks for your post. I'm with you on the UNITY-UM-USR-E part number (1 required for each user that has a unified voice mailbox). That's how we also order licenses to increase our user count without new features. Now we want to implement license pooling across 3 Unity servers. I'm trying to validate that we need to purchase one UNITY-UM-USR-E for each server that will participate in license pooling, which would be 3. I do not see that as a required option when I use the Unity Dynamic Configuration Tool.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: