Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribution among different A.S of EIGRP

gauravm
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i am planning to configure my network in different A.S within the EIGRP.Currently we have a single A.S throughout the Network.

lets say i have got A.S 90 and A.S 91 and i redisribute the routes amonth themselves..

i need to know what could be chances for a loop occuring in the Network and how to avoid them ..

kindly help me this ..

2 Replies 2

mehrdad
Level 3
Level 3

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

Why are you planning on splitting up your EIGRP AS? It won't improve scaling in any way, so I would address that question first. I've seen, and worked on, networks with over 2000 routers in a single EIGRP AS, running without problems, and larger networks are possible.

If you really must, then make certain you are running later code, at least 12.2, and then make certain you tag your routes in a route map when you redistribute, then filter on those tags at the same redistribution points. Take a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_white_paper09186a0080094cb7.shtml#twoeigrpauto

:-)

Russ.W

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card