cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FCIP interface stuck at initializing on 9216i v2.1a (vsan segmented)

tom.duong
Level 1
Level 1

Following the instructions in both the config guide and troubleshooting guide to configure the FCIP profile and interface, my fcip2 interface status is stuck at initializing. Looking in FM events tab, I can see that the 9216i's are cycling between these states: vsan merged; N_Port unmanageble; vsan segmented and N_Port Up. show fcdom domainlist on the higher priority switch shows it flip-flopping between [local] and principal] [local] states. Using show zoneset active, I can see the zoneset being transfered over to the 2nd switch. Despite all this, the fcip interface does not stay up. Thanks for helping.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would go ahead and open TAC case and attach show tech detail from both switches.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tblancha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just going from your info, it sounds like the interface comes up for a little bit of time. More than likely then, the issue is MTU. You have an MTU configured larger than somewhere in the network can handle it. If you get the show log output and it shows alot of TCP retransmissions, this is the problem.

Tx! Show log didn't reveal any TCP retransmissions. I changed mtu from 3000 to 8000 on both 9216i and verified that 6509 ports are also at 9000; couldn't set to 9000 in cli, DM or FM. Don't know why you can't set 9000, but still no cigar.

I would go ahead and open TAC case and attach show tech detail from both switches.

Tx! You were on the right track. The problem was indeed an mtu problem after working with TAC, which reset it to 1500.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: