Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Broadcast Messaging when in UMR mode

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

If we enable a subscriber to access the System Broadcast administrator from caller input on his own greeting in the Unity conversation, will he be able to access the broadcast admin when we are in UMR mode? I know the conversations are different. We want to be able to send a broadcast message to Unity subscribers when an emergency shutdown of Exchange is required - i.e. virus containment or power outage. If this option won't be available when in UMR mode then I would need to implement it different, for example, with another call handler/CTI route point.

Thanks much!

Ginger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can send/receive/administer LOCAL broadcast messages while the system is in UMR mode. Of course, if unity can't reach the mailstore, it won't be able to deliver broadcast messages to remote servers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can send/receive/administer LOCAL broadcast messages while the system is in UMR mode. Of course, if unity can't reach the mailstore, it won't be able to deliver broadcast messages to remote servers.

Hi Markus -

Thank you very much!

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: