Views
Helpful
Replies

port forwarding

alexus
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i'm using pix-515, is there a way to do something like port forwarding like i do at home with my linksys?

4 Replies 4

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure, you can create a static port translation. Let's say you have an inside web server at 10.1.1.1 listening on port 80, and you want all packets hitting the outside interface of your PIX on port 80 to be forwarded through to this inside server, you'd do:

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 80 10.1.1.1 80 netmask 255.255.255.255

well... static is more like DMZ where everything going to you..well there is an access list where you specifiy what exactly you allow to reach you but.. thats not what i need..

Hi,

If that is not what you are looking for, maybe you can explain a little bit more of what you want.

i meant..

it is what i'm looking for, i just thought it should've been somehow easier then creating static routes.. you know.. whenever i do it on my linksys/d-link i do not create static route i just specify port.. and i can have dmz at the same time to different ip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: