cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callers get cut off while leaving V-messages

gil.guevara
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing caller getting cut off while leaving a message. The system cut them off before the complte their message. Is their someway to turn off the message pause tigger. I know if a caller pauses to long it will cut you off.

10 Replies 10

ciscogini
Level 4
Level 4

Make sure also to check the lengh or time how much message they can leave.

Increase this time and see if that fixs the problem

It's not a time limit issue

You can adjust the long and short timeouts - by default on a short message (one less than 10 seconds) a pause of 2 seconds will cause us to stop recording. On a long message (one more than 10 seconds) a pause of 3 seconds will cause us to stop. Both these values can be adjusted on the "Recordings" page of the Configuration section in the SA. I'd adjust with caution - if you crank those times out too far callers will have to wait that long when they stop speaking if they don't know to hit a key to terminate recording (most do but some folks prefer to wait) - I'd definitely not go out more than 5 seconds. If you have callers routinely pausing for 5 seconds and expecting the reocording to continue, I'd be a bit suprised...

I am running Unity 4.0(5) (no SR), and am experiencing an issue where the caller's message to the subscriber gets cutoff at 30 seconds. The class of service associated to the template is set for 180 seconds. Ideas?

There are two types of cutoffs. One is where Unity stops recording and offers the After Recording menu options. If you hear this then the cutoff may be due to silence detection or max recording length or something like that. The other type is where the phone call is dropped entirely. This typically means Unity has recieved some sort of disconnect event from the phone system. For this later type, you'll need to drill down a bit to determine where the disconnect event originates.

-Eric

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this problem happening to ALL subscribers and are the messages ALWAYS 30 seconds long (not 29 secs, not 31 secs)?

If the answer is yes to the above, open Unity -> Licensing, and make sure that Message Recording Full Length is licensed.

Its happening at different time scales ie. 20 secs, 1 min, 2 min, etc..It mseems to be more of a low volume issue.

What is this integrated with? If you are using CCM, then what kind of gateways and voice cards?

Avaya G3r V11

It's possible that you are either getting disconnects due to low volume or disconnect tone.

Go through this doc Cisco Unity Tone Definitions and Learn Tones

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080093c1e.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: