Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure desktop, port forwarding and SSL VPN Client

loebennt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello good people!

I'm having trouble using the secure desktop with port forwarding and SSL VPN client. I have configured port forwarding as required and it works fine with secure desktop disabled. When I enable and switch to the secure desktop the "Start application" menu doesnt appear regardless what settings I've used in the "VPN Feature policy".

I have the same problem with SSL VPN Client. Whenever I enable the secure desktop, installation and execution of the vpn client refuses to start even though I've enabled these parameters in the WebVPN group settings.

Any suggestion to what might be wrong appreciated

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3(14)T supports Clientless and Thin Client:

clientless mode can provide secure access to private Internet resources and content. This mode is useful for accessing most content that you would expect to use within an Internet browser, such as Internet access, databases, and online tools that employ a Web interface.

Thin Client WebVPN (port-forwarding Java applet) extends the capability of the cryptographic functions of the Internet browser so that it can enable remote access to TCP-based applications such as POP3, SMTP, IMAP, Telnet, and SSH.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008041b4f5.html