Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Calling Party Name on per-phone basis or per Route Pattern/List/Group?

Unanswered Question
Sep 21st, 2005
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Customer has their company split into two parts, once called Wemei the other called Nova, with seperate Calling Search Space and Route Patterns but the same H323 gateway.

Is there a way in Callmanager 4.0(2a) or higher version to send a different Calling Party Name on a per phone basis?

Both share the same H.323 gateway.

I ready about Calling Restriction in 4.1, but this is for Calling Party Number, not Name.

I am thinking maybe the telco can present calling party name matching to a number as a workaround?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Wed, 09/21/2005 - 10:06
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

We use several different external phone number masks to send out different numbers on a per phone basis. The telco matches the number to a name. It works very well.

Brandon

francis.labelle... Mon, 10/17/2005 - 15:30
User Badges:

How have you do that ?

I have the same situation in my system.

We have a "default" number (555-1212) and we also host 2 others cie (555-1414 and 555-1616). By that, we have to modify the caller ID of outcoming call on "call basis". (The same agent can make call under theses 2 cie profile).

Can somebody help me ?

Brandon Buffin Tue, 10/18/2005 - 04:18
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Make the External Phone Number Mask of each DN the number that you want displayed on caller ID. On the Route Pattern, check Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask.

Brandon

francis.labelle... Tue, 10/18/2005 - 05:04
User Badges:

Thanks, but the problem is that the same DN is use to make call under different cie profile. A agent can make a call from DN:1235 under cie profile 1 (callerid:555-1212) and also under cie profile 2 with the same dn (callerid:555-1616)

Actions

This Discussion