Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

IP Telephony for small company

Unanswered Question
Sep 22nd, 2005
User Badges:

Hi Guys,

Our company (8 extentions) is thinking about switching to IP phones.

I was looking into it and would like to know what is the list of hardwares I need to get.

So far I have come up with this list:

8 Cisco IP phones

CISCO2801-CCME/K9

9 port switch module card with inline power+POE power supply

Unity Express Card (for voicemail)

What do I need to connect 6 incoming analog phone lines? (all lines have their own number, there is only one number for the public, if that line is busy the phone company switch sends the phone call to the next available line in this 6 line pool.

We need all our phones to ring if there is an incoming call (on any of the 6 lines). First who picks up the phone will receive the call. We need to be able to transfer an incoming call between our phones.

What else I will need?

Thanks in advance,

Zoltan

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Thu, 09/22/2005 - 08:15
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

With CCME you cannot do broadcast ringing for hunt-groups, you can do sequential, peer, or longest-idle.

Another alternative is to use Overlaid Ephone-dns and assign the same DN to all the 6 phones, or call pickup group.

Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85a.html#wp2175404

For analog devices you can use ATAs.

Chris

Chris Deren Thu, 09/22/2005 - 08:18
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

With CCME you cannot do broadcast ringing for hunt-groups, you can do sequential, peer, or longest-idle.

Another alternative is to use Overlaid Ephone-dns and assign the same DN to all the 6 phones, or call pickup group.

Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85a.html#wp2175404

For analog devices you can use ATAs.

Chris

j.dyer Sun, 09/25/2005 - 05:38
User Badges:

you will need a couple VIC2-4FXO modules to handle the incoming analog lines. Since you only have 6 lines, you could instead use 1 VIC2-4FXO & 1 VIC2-2FXO. In either case -- with the 9port etherswitch module taking up 2 slots & the FXOs taking up the other 2 slots, your router is maxed out.

Actions

This Discussion