cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 2000 DFM

joseph.borello
Level 1
Level 1

I recently noticed a fault in the device fault manager-monitoring console that states that a particular switch is unresponsive. The error further states that the ServiceAccessPoints on the system are not responding. I have noticed that the switch is up and running and the users at that location have not complained of any outages. I've also checked the logs and noticed nothing abnormal. I am not really sure of what a ServiceAccessPoint is and was hoping I could gain some insight if at all possible. Thanks for your help in advance.

4 Replies 4

dany.datacraft
Level 1
Level 1

Could you provide more details? A screenshot will be very helpful.

Is there any way you could tell me what a ServiceAccessPoint is? I am worried that a unresponsive ServiceAccessPoint might be a precursor to a failure. If you still need more information let me know.

adam.marsolek
Level 1
Level 1

The serviceaccesspoint is a boolean used by the DFM administration console. If the sericeaccesspoint is not responsive an error will show up on DFM, but if your device is operational and you are still getting the error then i do not know.

New Ghost Unit is tight!!

A service access point describes a logical endpoint that can be used to gain access to some network service. Important service access points are IP,

which represents the point at which an IP address can be reached; and Media Access Control (MAC), which similarly represents the point at which

a Layer 2 address can be reached. Layer 3 service access points are often described as logical nodes.

I was hoping you could tell me more about which Service Access Point was reported unresponsive. I understand that such information might be classified. Thus, I'll just try to make some assumptions.

Assuming the Service Access Point reported as unresponsive was an IP address, a common cause for this was an unused interface on a router which has an IP address configured. To resolve this issue, remove the IP address configuration from the router and rediscover the device from DFM.