cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reason 440:Driver Failure

rootjason
Level 1
Level 1

I recently re-installed VPN client 4.6.01.0019 on a Windows XP SP2 (with all the latest MS patches). Now when I attempt to connect, I get "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 440: Driver Failure." I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that doesn't fix it. Also temporarily disabled Windows Firewall and the antivirus software, but that doesn't fix it either. Does anyone know what the cause of this error is? Is there a Registry hack I can do or a missing system file or something? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Reinstall the Client and install using MSI.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn3K_uninstall.html

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

i was testing vpn client v4.6.x at some stage and i couldn't get it working for some unknow reason.

i did the same thing as you did, i.e. disabled all software firewall including sp2 window firewall. however still no luck.

i then downgraded to v4.0.3(a) and it started to work straight away. so maybe try a different version.

just wondering how you go.

I had to do the manual uninstall--not exactly what was in the Cisco technote, but close enough. I attempted reinstalling a few times before the software finally started working again. The deterministic network stuff was a real pain--broke my regular network connection twice before I finally got it fixed. Didn't need to downgrade, though--version is still the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: