cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Forwarding with Cisco SB107

GORDONHAY
Level 1
Level 1

Have purchased and installed my SB107 Router - was wondering if Port Forwarding is possible with this device. Wanting to use PCAnywhere but having no luck so far.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

are you using SDM for your router configuration ? Can you check if TCP/UDP ports 5631 and 5632 (or 22, which pcAnywhere uses as fallback, in case port 5632 does not work) are blocked somehwere ? Better yet, could you post your configuration ?

Regards,

GP

gpauwen - thanks for your response; i have only a very basic understanding of my product!

I am using SDM for router configuration.

I am aware that I need to set up ports 5631 and 5532 in order to use PCAnywhere, however I am not sure where within SDM that I should be doing this.

As yet I have not changed any of the configuration to allow PCAnywhere to function.

Hello,

the SDM has a 'Firewall Management Policy' option, that is where you can change the security and access options. Can you check the link below and try to find the appropriate option in your SDM ?

Cisco Router and Security Device Manager Firewall Policy Management

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5318/c1225/ccmigration_09186a0080230754.pdf

Regards,

GP

I have had a look at the document you refer to and have accessed the options in the SDM.

I am still unsure of what options I should be setting here in order for the PCAnywhere software to fucntion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: