Views
Helpful
Replies

EOS date of cisco c3524-xl-a models

yewting
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just found out that the cisco switch c3524-xl-a is actually the same h/w as the c3524-xl-en version, however, with different EOSu dates, respectively 30/5/2005 and 27/7/2007. The only difference is that the xl-a version runs standard edition s/w and the xl-en enterprise edition. If the xl-a is still running standard edition it can be replaced with the enterprise edition. Unfortunately I can't find any IOS available when i run through the software advisor for C3524-XL. Current IOS is c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC8.bin. Please advise what is the next version of IOS for the mentioned above hardware for enterprise version. Thanks

Regards,

Yew Ting

4 Replies 4

There used to be 2 separate IOS versions for the 3500XL series switch - Standard & Enterprise. There was physically no difference between switches shipped with Standard or Enterprise. As of IOS 12.0(5)XU that was released in May 2000 only the Enterprise edition has been available, this runs on switches originally supplied with the Standard image as well as those supplied with the Enterprise image. There is no upgrade charge (as far as I know?) and you are free to download and use the latest IOS on your 3500XL switches (latest is 12.0(5)WC13).

The 2900XL is slightly different as there are 2 memory configurations of this switch, older ones with 4MB and newer ones with 8MB. There are restrictions as to what IOS they can run (check out CCO if in doubt).

HTH

Andy

Do you know if this later version supports SNMPv3. Specifically the "snmp-server user" commmand?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the prompt reply. The latest version of IOS (12.0(5) WC13) is enterprise version?

Yes 12.0(5)WC13 is Enterprise, there is no longer a Standard image produced. You should be able to download this and install on your switch without any problems (or cost).

With regards to SNMPv3 I am pretty certain this isn't available and only SNMPv2 is supported. I haven't got one to hand to check and I can't seem to find it on CCO.

HTH

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: