32K bytes of non-volatile

Configuration memory.

16384K bytes of processor board

System flash (Read/Write)

2. Cisco IP Phone 7940.

3. Cisco Call Manager 4.1.2

4. Currently i have only one pstn line

=========================================

Cisco 2620 is successfully registered with CCM please see attached.

So what should i do to make a call from the 7940 ip phone which is registered to the CCM.

I have followed the instruction http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017825e.shtml#task14x but unable to make a call.

Please note: PSTN line is going into cisco router directly from the wall socket.

Thanks

18 Replies 18

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

1. All that looks fine. The config. of 103 (extn) on the Attendant DN is the right way to receive calls on the 7940. With this setting are you able to receive calls from PSTN ?

2. The settings in the attached pics are only for receiving calls. You need route-pattersn to send call from 7940 out to PSTN. For this you will need to define route patterns, and point the route pattern to the defined gateway.

Add a route-pattern such as 9.@ (matched NANP) and route it via the gateway (drop down box should list all available gateways).

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Firstly thank you for the reply

Question 1: I am not able to receive calls. I am getting engage tone.

Question 2: I forget to sent the route pattern i have created route pattern after configuring the gateway.

Question 3: yes i did that please see the attached

=====================================================

Can anyone solve my problem.

Is the DN 103 in a partition?

If so then you need to assign the GW a Calling Search Space that contains the partition that 103 is in.

Are you only having problems with inbound calls now or do outbound calls still not work?

Kevin

Ques:Is the DN 103 in a partition?

Ans: I didnt understand the partition

Ques:Are you only having problems with inbound calls now or do outbound calls still not work?

Ans: Unable to call and receive.

103 is the directory number of 7940 ip phone which is registered with ccm

Thanks

You are using the route pattern of 9.@ for your outbound calls. With your current config you are sending the 9 plus the digits you dial to the PSTN. This is probably why the outbound calls are failing. In the Route Pattern configuration change the "Discard Digits" from "None" to "PreDot". This will discard the 9 before presenting the called number to the PSTN.

For the inbound calls we need to check if the DN 103 is in a Partition. To do this go to CCMAdmin > Device > Phones. Search for the phone with the DN 103. Open that phone's configuration page. Then click on the Line that is configured for 103.

Is there a Partition selected or is it set to "None"?

More information regarding Partitions and Calling Search Spaces:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094b53.shtml

Kevin

Firstly thank you for your reply

If someone is ringing I can received call, after answering the phone i cannot hear anything and the caller also cannot hear anything.Just bell is ringing unable to anser the call.

I am unable to make outside calls. I followed above instructions still same. When i dial my land number 93187508 its not ringing from IP phone.

Any Suggestions

Thanks

Is the IP Phone on a different subnet from the GW?

One way or no way audio issues are normally due to IP routing issues. In this case it seems that the IP Phone and the GW are not able to route the RTP packets to each other.

When you are placing the outbound call what do you hear on the IP Phone?

Kevin

IP Phone subnet is 255.255.255.0.

How do i checked GW subnet?

when i dial i hear nothing.

If i dial 9 then next single digt mumber i am getting dial tone. After getting dial tone i dial the number notthing happening.

Thanks

255.255.255.0 is the subnet mask not the subnet. Are you able to ping the phone from the GW?

After you dial 9 and the outside number wait for 15 to 20 seconds to see if the call starts ringing or if you hear fast or slow busy. Let me know the results.

Kevin

Yes i am able to ping the IP phone from the GW

=====================================================nafay#ping 192.168.0.35

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 192.168.0.35, timeout is 2 seconds:

.!!!!

Success rate is 80 percent (4/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/2/4 ms

nafay#

I dialled 9 and waited for 15 to 20 minutes. I am getting this message "Your call cannot be completed as you dialled please consult your directory or call again later."

Can anyone solve my problem

lexiainfo, I am having a very similar issue. Let's see if what is happening to my system is similar to your own, and maybe if I can offer some more clues to the experts.

I created a very specific route pattern. My route pattern was my cellphone number. This ruled out the route pattern as a source of the problem.

When I dial my cellphone either from an IP phone or from an analog phone on an FXS port, my cellphone rings, but I do not hear the ringback tone on the IP phone. Just comfort noise.

If I answer my cellphone, I do not hear any sound on either the cell or the IP phone.

My callmanager is on the same switch as my IP phones, and of course my analog phone is on the same gateway router. It is a 2600.

If you guys want anything, please feel free to ask and I can provide. I too have followed the document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009428e.shtml

to configure my MGCP gateway and call manager. I am using 4.1

Thanks for any help guys.

Hi,

Can u post the config of ur Mgcp Gateway ,In case you are getting any audio or one way audio ,you can use the Mgcp bind command with the interface talking to callmanager ,please reffer to the following technote for more info,let me know if this helps.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/callc_c/xgcp_c/mgcpcht7.htm

Thanks

Aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: