cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deterministic Network Enhancer: What is it?; Affect security?

sbowmar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I install Cisco VPN client 4.0 on Win XP Pro SP2, it installs the Deterministic Network Enhancer(DNE). What is this and what's it's purpose? What affect would disabling the DNE have on my VPN connection? Would it make my VPN connection less secure?

Thanks,

Scott

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

EnterNet could not find the (adapter) for complete pc management NIC (adapter). But it did locate the (adapter) for complete pc management NIC (adapter) - Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport adapter through which your network server is reachable. Do you want to switch to this adapter?"

Answer Yes every time this question appears. The installation then continues normally.

A similar message appears on Windows NT 4.0. The message is:

"EnterNet could not find the (adapter). But it did locate the (adapter) through which your network server is reachable. Do you want to switch? Yes No"

Answer Yes to this question. The installation then continues normally.

If the VPN Client is uninstalled, the next time the NTS EnterNet 300 PPPoE version 1.41 is used the message, "EnterNet could not find the (adapter). But it did locate the (adapter) through which your network server is reachable. Do you want to switch? Yes No"

Answer Yes to this question. The installation then continues normally.

Thomas,

You didn't answer my questions!! Your reply does not help me at all.

Can anyone else help?

Thanks,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: