cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Source based routing with 3750 layer 3 switch

normalit
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to do source based routing on a 3750 switch? This is my core vlan routing device.

Here is the situation. I have a vlan which I want all traffic (including internet) to default to 3725 router, to be shuttled out it's serial port, rather then sent to the default route.

I know this is done through policy based routing, as I have done it before on the 3725. However, after creating the route-map, when I go into the vlan interface I cannot run the command "ip policy route-map <name>". It stops at policy, saying it's an undefined command.

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this on a a layer 3 switch, or can it not be done?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

dbellaze
Level 4
Level 4

I'm pretty sure PBR is supported on 3750's. It may require enhanced image though. Do a show version and see if you are running standard or enhanced image.

Daniel

dbellaze
Level 4
Level 4

Actually, I just looked at the latest configuration guide and it says you need to enable PBR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804764c7.html#wp1228588

In global configuration mode -

sdm prefer routing

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco