Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure PIX for VPN

otnj2ee
Level 1
Level 1

To configure the PIX 50x firewall for supporting the VPN, I have two questions:

1)Is the configuration web-based? i.e., I only need a PC connect to the firewall equipment, then start the configuration via my PC's web browser (using wizards)?

2.Do I need a CD to install some software on my PC for this purpose (configuration of the firewall?

Thanks

Scott

2 Replies 2

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

vpn can be configured by using either java/web-based tool or cli (i.e. command line via console or ssh/telnet)

you don't need a cd for the java/web-based tool, since it should have already been installed on the pix. do "sh ver" to verify.

also it depends on the os version. for 6.x, the tool is called pdm; for 7.x, the tool is called asdm.

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

i guess you are refering to PDM here ,if yes ofcourse you require the PDM software in your FW to have GUI based access to configure your FW but do remember that you have gotta necessary Java Virtual Machine package installed to access the PDM.

for more info do find this link which talks about PDM ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps2032/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008017a421.html

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: