Hardware Detection with DL320 G3 and Call Manager 4.1

Unanswered Question
Oct 12th, 2005
User Badges:

I am attempting to install Call Manager 4.1(3) onto a HP DL320 G3 server. According to the Cisco website, i have the correct software to enable me to install it onto this server. However, there is no Hardware Detection CD included in the pack - it only contains 1 Operating System CD. When i boot from this CD, it updates the bios correctly and tells me that the server needs to be rebooted, then ejects the CD.

When the server is rebooted with the CD ejected, it goes no further than the screen displaying:

Attempting to boot from CDRom

Attempting to boot from Floppy Disk

Attempting to boot from C:\Hard Disk

When the server is rebooted with the Operating System CD in the drive, it just updates the bios settings again and follows the same pattern.

With no Hardware Detection CD, i'm a little lost, can anyone shed anay light as to whether i am missing a disk somewhere or let me know the next step i should take to resoslve this issue.

Many thanks in advance

Steph Power

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
thisisshanky Wed, 10/12/2005 - 13:37
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

CD 1 should be hardware detection.

Is the CD set for the DL320s?

Also is the OS cd for 2000.4.1 or 2000.2.x

stephanie.power... Thu, 10/13/2005 - 00:09
User Badges:

Hi,

The Cd set is definitely for the DL320 G3 Server. And the OS is 2000.4.1. Is this how it should be?

thanks

Steph

erik Sat, 10/15/2005 - 01:41
User Badges:

I think the problem is that it might not be detecting the SATA Raid. Can you confirm that you have 2 SATA disks installed and that Software raid is enabled in the bios nad hyperthreading is disabled. The error you get comes up when it doesn't detect the raid. The error itself makes no sense, in fact looking at the script it doesn't even make any changes to the bios!

let me know if that works,

Erik

stephanie.power... Mon, 10/17/2005 - 00:55
User Badges:

Hi Erik,

I raised the question with Cisco tac in the end and they came back with exactly the same answer as you!!

These are the bios settings which needed to be adjusted:

Hyperthreading - Disabled

Embedded_Virtual_Disk - Disabled

ATA_Software_RAID - Enabled

Thanks for your reply though!

Steph

Actions

This Discussion