cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dialplan-pattern command in srst

dan.gallagher
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone point to a detailed document on what this command does with in a router and what impact it has? The srst documents give some information on it but it is minimal. Also, can anyone give me an example of where they have used this command and what the purpose was?

9 Replies 9

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

For Inbound Calls say you have 10 digits coming in from Telco, but your internal extensions are 4 digits. In that case, you can use the dialplan-pattern command to strip the first 6 digits and accept only the last 4 digits. An example here -

call-manager-fallback

dialplan-pattern 1 4085254... extension-length 4

For outbound calls, the dialplan-pattern command will transform the calling number to a 10 digit number. So, if your ip phone 4321 placed an outbound call, the calling number will be transformed to 4085254321 when a call setup is sent to the PSTN.

Command Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801fc978.html#wp1013561

I haven't found any better link.

Thanks,

Partha

We are using translation rules to do this in our outbound dial peers. We include translate called 1 in our srst config. 1 being our translation rule that sets the calling number to 10 digit NPA. It seems like we are being redundant by using the dial-plan pattern command. It seems like they are doing the same thing. I read a srst 2.1 document on this command that stated if the calling number matches the pattern then the phone will ring an internal ring. Do you know if that is true? I could see some use for it if that is the case.

Thanks for your response

The way that you are doing is an alternate option and ofcourse is working. The internal ring thing is true, but the calling number of the outside caller should be matching this pattern (e.g.4085254...) which is less likely. So, you may not need this command at all for your scenario.

Partha, I hope you can help with a problem I am having. In SRST I cannot get numbers coming in from the PRI to be routed to the phones. I have tried the above suggestion, (dialplan-pattern 1 7755... extension-length 5 extension-pattern 55...) but I am still not able to complete calls. Are there any other steps that I am missing? BTW, the calling phone receives re-order tones after what seems to be an extended period.

Thanks

Jon

So, I assume your IP Phones have an extension of 55XXX, correct? How many digits does Telco send you, 7 or 4? You can do a debug isdn q931 and find out. If they send you 7 digits, the below should work:

dialplan-pattern 1 7755... extension-length 5

Post your config please if the above doesn't work.

If Telco sends you 4 digits only, then you have to use translation patterns on voice ports on inbound pots dial-peer to translate the number to 5 digit number.

Thanks, and here is the config.

The above suggestion did not work.

Looks like you are missing this command

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

It looks like one pri is MGCP and one is H.323. If the inbound calls are coming in on the MGCP pri then when in fallback without the above command it will not work.

This command is also required.

call application alternate DEFAULT

But you may be ok with the commands you are using.

application

global

service alternate Default

When you go in fallback mode make sure the sh isdn status command shows the pri as multiframe established. I ran in to a situation when using MGCP and the default command did not work so the pri would not establish. The sapi rx coming from the ISP was not getting processed.

Thanks, the ccm-manager fallback worked when I added the dialplan command back as well.

Thanks again for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: