forwarding calls between IP Phones

Unanswered Question

Hi,

i have 2 IP Phones 7910 and 7912 which use the same direct line (exp: 021657689 )for calling and receiving calls but with different extension :

7910 --> extension= 796

7912 --> extension= 667

i want to configure receiving calls in first time in cisco 7910, and after 3 rings the call will be forwarded to cisco 7912, don`t forget that they are using the same direct line

where i must exactly configure this option in Phone Configuration page ?? or directory Number Configuration page ??

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

zahida

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
aaronw.ca Mon, 10/17/2005 - 07:19
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

On the Phone configuration page for the 7910, select the line 796 to edit the line properties for that line. Partway down the page you should see "Call Forward and Pickup Settings". There you can configure forwarding rules such as call forward busy, call forward no answer, etc. So you could put 867 in the Call Forward No Answer Extenal" field to cause unanswered calls from external locations to be forwarded to extension 867.

You can also specify the "no answer" ring duration in seconds. The forward no answer timer has a default value that is configured in CallManager Service Parameters under the "Clusterwide Parameters (Feature-Forward)" section, with a default value of 12 seconds on CallManager 4.1(2), for example.

Actions

This Discussion