cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 (2 Port) Multi-Flex Trunk WAN Card Errors & Clocking

alwhitlow
Level 1
Level 1

Deploying VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards in various routers & are experiencing errors & drops. Does anyone know if there are any known issues w/these cards? Also, regarding clocking, is there a particular way these cards should be configured, e.g. if there are 4 T1s on the router, only one of them can be configured as "clock source internal" & the rest MUST be "clock source line"?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

2 Replies 2

bisonjelly
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same issues on 2821 router with 12.4 IOS. Here is the solution i recieved from TAC.

Looks like we were hitted by the bug CSCsb00129 (LCV and PCV errors increment on VWIC-2MFT and VWIC-1MFT).

In order to solve the issue I need you to please downgrade to this IOS version and let me know the results: c2800nm-ipvoice-mz.123-11.T7.bin.

Unfortunately that same bug ID indicates that the problem was supposed to be fixed in 12.4(3) but since I am still having the same problem I guess it is not. Back to 12.3 code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card