Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Message Notification Schedule Change

mwadam
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff,

Do you have any tools available to make bulk Message Notification Schedule changes to subscribers? I need to expand the schedule from the defaults to 6am to 6pm. We were not aware of the requirements until after all the subscribers had been created, so the template did not contain the correct time. I have modified it for future users, but would like to be able to change the subscribers (1000) in bulk rather than by hand. Using Unity 4.05.

Thanks!!

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, if you mean 6am to 6pm M-F (I'm assuming weekends are off) then you can use the following query by opening up the Data Link Exporer in your Tools Depot and selecting View | Query Builder:

UPDATE NotificationRule

SET DlvruleSchedule='1f06001800'

The "1f06001800" means monday through friday 6am to 6pm - if you need all 7 days I can get you that string instead.

This will update all notification devices for everyone across the board.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the user interface to cram schedule editing into bulk edit was too much (each device can have it's own schedule and the on/off schedule stuff is a little gnarly).

However, the scheule infromation is stored in a string (it uses tricky binary masks to pull the on/off/active info off of it) - so what you could do is setup one device with the schedule you want to apply to everyone and issue a fairly simple SQL query to update all devices in one shot using CUDLE.

If it's going to be a simple blast to update the schedules on all devices for all users, this will work - if you need to get fancier and preserve schedules on some devices for some users, this gets a lot harder.

Let me know if you can do the simple blast method and I'll post the update query here for you to use. Be aware TAC isn't going to touch this with a 10 foot pole - but it's not tough. Just get a DiRT backup before you do anything with the DB.

Jeff,

Thanks very much for the reply.

Yes I will be updating every subscriber to one schedule, 6am - 6pm. No exceptions. I can set one subscriber to the schedule and use it as the source for the update.

I understand TAC's position, but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.

I will be looking forward to you posting the update query.

Thanks!!!

Adam

OK, if you mean 6am to 6pm M-F (I'm assuming weekends are off) then you can use the following query by opening up the Data Link Exporer in your Tools Depot and selecting View | Query Builder:

UPDATE NotificationRule

SET DlvruleSchedule='1f06001800'

The "1f06001800" means monday through friday 6am to 6pm - if you need all 7 days I can get you that string instead.

This will update all notification devices for everyone across the board.

Jeff,

Thanks, it will be next week before I can get back to work on this site, but I will implement and let you know how it goes.

I appreciate it!!

Adam

Jeff,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, just now getting time to implement the change. It worked perfectly! Not that I expected anything less. I really appreciate it! Now, just one more thing. I tested this change on my test system to make sure I wasn't going to have any problems, now all of my schedules are off. Can you give me the string to change everything back to the defaults? Again, I appreciate your help!

Thanks!!!

Adam

The string for the notification rule for M-F, 8am to 5pm is "1f08001700"

Thanks!!!

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: