cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with transfer

oj88
Level 1
Level 1

Router A and Router B are 2611XM's. Router A is running CME and has 5 IP Phones. Both routers have FXO ports connected the local PSTN at their respective locations.

Call Transfer will work under the following conditions:

1. 1st IP phone calls up a 2nd IP phone. 2nd IP phone can transfer to a 3rd IP phone.

2. Router A (FXO) receives a call and is PLARed to an IP phone. This call can be transferred to a 2nd IP phone.

Call Transfer does NOT work under the following condition:

1. Router B (FXO) receives a call. This call is PLARed to an IP phone on Router A. When the transfer button is pressed, the calling party hears MOH. But as soon as the last digit is dialed (DN of the 2nd IP phone), the call gets disconnected and the 1st IP phone display is reverted back to idle.

I've already configured codec g711ulaw on both VoIP dial-peers with no help. (it was g729 but MOH wasn't working)

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when you are sending the call (viz PLAR) from one router to another, you are probably using a different codec. May be g729. In that case, when you transfer the second time, I wonder if there is some codec negotiation failures..I wonder if you can localize the incoming h323 dialpeer with an incoming called number . under a voice port.

Check with

debug cch323 session (for codec nego)

debug ephone state

please post configs

I've figured as much on the codec mismatch. I did had both router's voip dial-peers changed to g711ulaw. As I did, callers can now hear the MOH. Though it didn't help much in my call transfer problem. I'll try the debugs. In the meantime, I've attached the configs for you to look at.

Thanks.

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

debugs?

Ok, I was about to get the debugs but something came up. I began noticing this when I turned on terminal mon on Router B.

Oct 25 23:52:37.049: TDM: guido_port_dsp_connect: vic connect failed!

Oct 25 23:52:37.053: flex_dsprm_voice_connect: voice tdm connect failed: voice-p

ort(1/0/0), dsp_channel(/1/0/2)

guido_disconnect_local_local, slot=1, connection 4/0 to 3/18 is not in use

guido_disconnect_local_local, slot=1, connection 3/18 to 4/0 is not in use

guido_tdm_connection_setup: slot=1, connection 4/0 to 3/18 already used. src chn

l busy....

Oct 25 23:52:40.050: TDM: guido_port_dsp_connect: vic connect failed!

Oct 25 23:52:40.054: flex_dsprm_voice_connect: voice tdm connect failed: voice-p

guido_tdm_connection_setup: slot=1, connection 4/0 to 3/18 already used. src chn

l busy....

Oct 25 23:52:43.054: TDM: guido_port_dsp_connect: vic connect failed!

Oct 25 23:52:43.054: flex_dsprm_voice_connect: voice tdm connect failed: voice-p

These errors are accompanied with port 1/0/0 not answering any incoming call. I tried shut/no shut and it still won't answer. Rebooting the router restored it. But after a while, it will ignore an incoming call and dump the messages shown above. I've tried changing IOS versions (mostly 12.4 mainlines) to no avail.

What do you think?

Thanks

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ah! the power of debugs.. You are hitting CSCeh59299. This bug has not yet been fixed. Track this bug on CCO. When it is fixed you can upgrade. The problem was found on 12.4. You might consider downgrading.

Thanks! Will do that.

Well, I downgraded to 12.3(11)T8 and it solved both my problems. Now, what were the chances of hitting two bugs at the same time? :)

Thanks for the assist.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: