Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME 3.3 New firmware - phones ask "distinctiveringlist.xml"

peter.rowe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

just upgraded the files on our CCME kit, and 7940/60G phones now looking for the above file from the tftp server - I can't see it mentioned in the documentation - anyone have info on it?

It would appear that each line/button can have it's own ringtone assigned now, which is great, but it would be nice to know how it works!

cheers!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

It's good that it worked after you copied the ringlist.xml file, but there is a lot of difference between the ringlist.xml file and the distinctiveringlist.xml file.

The ringlist.xml file contains ringtones which can be applied on the phones by default, but if you want any one particular line on a phone to ring differently when a call comes in, then you will require the distinctiveringlist file which contains 7 special ringtones.

So, you can make things work by using the same file, but they are created to be used differently.

Incase of any questions, please let me know.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

peter.rowe
Level 1
Level 1

DOH, forget it.

It's exatcly the same as RingList.xml, just copying the ringlist.xml file worked.

cheers,

peter.

Last week I set up one of these, and it asked for the same. I set the xml files under the tftp-server command and the message stopped.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

It's good that it worked after you copied the ringlist.xml file, but there is a lot of difference between the ringlist.xml file and the distinctiveringlist.xml file.

The ringlist.xml file contains ringtones which can be applied on the phones by default, but if you want any one particular line on a phone to ring differently when a call comes in, then you will require the distinctiveringlist file which contains 7 special ringtones.

So, you can make things work by using the same file, but they are created to be used differently.

Incase of any questions, please let me know.

thanks, now if you could only apply distinctive rings to Overlayed numbers I would be a very happy man!

It's not much use when I have 'monitor' set up on the lines on my phone!

cheers,

peter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: