Views
Helpful
Replies

CATALYST 2820, console port config for modem

semendua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’m a 2nd semester CCNA student, and I purchased a old CATALYST 2820 switch for training purposes. I do not know the password and the console port has been configured for a modem. I thought that it would be easy to reset the password—but cannot find any way to do it with the 2820, and the console port configured for a modem.

Does anyone know what the default factory password is? If the password has been changed (from the factory default), how can I reset the system?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

I appreciate your help!

I did look at that link several times—my 2820 has a mfg. date of Sept 97. I held in the Mode button, but the LED above port 1x does not come on (held it in for over a minute). I never see any info. using the console port.

I did try attaching a modem to the console port—it works—I get a login prompt. I don’t know if it is the factory default password. I know that the rollover cable is working—tried a 827-4v.

Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks, David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: