cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat5500/Ciscoworks sync archive failure

olsonc0510
Level 1
Level 1

I have little experience with a CAT5500 switch. I have one in Ciscoworks that fails when I try to retrieve inventory or sync archive. I get the following message:

CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for Catalyst5500 Cause: Failed to get the start tag-begin in the configuration PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Unable to create a socket to /192.168.168.250 Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

I assume there is something I need to set up on the switch. Telnet, snmp Read and Write are all successful from Ciscoworks. I also increased the timeout value. Please advise if you have experience with this type of switch.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Let me know what is the IOS version you're using in your cat5500 swirch.I need to verify whether its the updated version or not .Send me that detail along with a complete error o/p.I also want u to provide me with the debug o/p.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Let me know what is the IOS version you're using in your cat5500 swirch.I need to verify whether its the updated version or not .Send me that detail along with a complete error o/p.I also want u to provide me with the debug o/p.

Thank you. I upgraded the IOS version which resolved my issue.