Helpful
Replies

How to get rid of C:\Commserver folder after reinstall

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

HI

Unity 4.0.5

I installed Unity on C drive instead of D so used download and used UninstallUnity Tool, then reinstalled on D. However, C:\Commserver still shows up. Just in case deleting C:\Commserver would break anything, I instead renamed it to c:\OldCommserver and next time I look it recreated another C:\Commserver

How do I get rid of C:\Commserver.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Before you delete the folder, go to Add/Remove Programs to remove Unity Uninstall program that you had installed from CiscoUnityTools.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What files and subfolders are under there? You may have set the logs to write to C:\Commserver\logs and that is why it is being recreated. Let me know what you see and maybe we can figure it out.

C:\Commserver has ONLY "UnityUninstall" folder and there is no more folders or subfolders

C:\Commserver\UnityUninstall\ <-- has 20 objects below:

8 dll files below:

4 subscriberkillerUnity30.dll (ENU, DEU, FRA, JPN)

4 UnityUninstall3xand4x.dll (ENU, DEU, FRA, JPN)

3 Bat file (test, tomcatuninstall and unityclean)

7 EXE files (instrv, kill, mypause, skinny setup, subscriberkillerunity30, unityuninstall3xand4x, versionchecker)

Thanks

Rename c:\Commserver folder to something else. If everything works fine go ahead and delete it. In case anything is still tied up to the folder rename it back.

Before you delete the folder, go to Add/Remove Programs to remove Unity Uninstall program that you had installed from CiscoUnityTools.com

removing the UnityUninstall program did auto remove the c:\commserver folder. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: