Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Delayed internal call with CCM 3.2 and H323 Gateway

Unanswered Question

I have set up an H323 gateway with CCM 3.2 at a new location just like the previous location. At this new lcation I can make inbound/oubound calls just fine, I can make calls over the MPLS network to other location Cisco IP phones as well. The problem I am seeing is when I make a call from one IP phone to another IP phone in this same office of this same gateway there is a 5-6 second delay before the dialed phone rings. This does not happen on any other type call. I can ping the CCM over the wan at 10ms. The ext are 56xx locally and this is the voice dial-peer config. The 64xx are Translation pattern entries.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 5600 voip

destination-pattern 56..

session target ipv4:10.10.17.35

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

!

dial-peer voice 6400 voip

destination-pattern 64..

session target ipv4:10.10.17.35

codec g711ulaw

!

dial-peer voice 6401 voip

preference 2

destination-pattern 64..

session target ipv4:10.10.17.40

codec g711ulaw

Any thoughts or questions?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Fri, 11/04/2005 - 12:28
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

You said the delay is on an IP phone to IP phone call, if that's the case the H.323 GW has nothing to do with it. Assuming the phones are on the same callmanager cluster then the only possible cause of this can be overlapping dial-plan. This way everytime you make a phone call, the CCM waits the interdigit timer before processing the call. Make sure there is no other Route pattern, Translation pattern, etc with 56XX. What does your dial-plan look like, do you dial 4 digit witin a site, and more digits to get to another site? How many digits are the extensions of the phones?

Again the only purpose for the voip dial-peers is to route incoming calls from Gateway to callmanager.

Chris

Actions

This Discussion