cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I chagne the ext in the Directory Handler

jerrycourt
Level 1
Level 1

I have a unity domino system 4.0(4.0)Sr1. Several of the users were initially imported with an ext. that was changed later. Changing the ext worked but when they are looked up in the diectory it shows their old number. Is there a way to edit the directory?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So what I mean about the Unity to CM integration is the "Concerto" project - for Unity 4.x to CM 4.x it works such that phones created in CM will result in VM mailboxes being created in Unity - there's no post creation data synch going either way so it's a little crude.

For the CM 5.x ("Sea Dragon" to Unity it will be a little more sophisticated - changes to extension info in CM will replicated to Unity (CM's data is considered authoritative here).

But for now changes you make in CM are not automatically replicated to Unity for CM 4.x versions even if you have this setup. You'll have to change the user information in CM to get the CM directory information to update.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure that makes sense - the extension numbers (both primary and alternate) are pulled from SQL by the name lookup handler conversation - it doesn't have it's own directory it's using.

Are these users on other Unity servers by any chance? Could be a replication delay/issue if that's the case. If it's all one box I don't see how this could be happening if you change the extension via the SA - it's only stored in one place and is used by all covnersations/admin interfaces.

These subscribers only have a primary. This is a single unity box interfaced with 3 call managers. When I first imported them I used one number. After some discussions at the offices I changed iva the SA to the correct ext. All funtions work and they can access and use the VM features. However on the IP phone when the Directory is used to look up their name the old original ext appears. I can not find any reference to it in Call manager or Unity. These subscribers were added and changed last week so a replication issues is not applicable.

This sounds like it will have to be a change made in the database. which is not something I like to do often. ANy thoughts

Ah, you're not talking about the Unity directory handler, you're talking about the directory on the LCD of the phone itself - ok, that makes sense. This DB is seperate from Unity SQL (i.e. changing it in the Unity SA has no impact on the call manager directory unless you've setup CM/Unity admin connection which it doesn't sound like you have).

To add to Jeff's comments... You need to change the LDAP database that CM/phone lookups use. Normally you can do this through the CM admin pages under user. Howvere, if your CM is Active Directory integrated, then you need to change the telephoneNumber field in AD.

So what I mean about the Unity to CM integration is the "Concerto" project - for Unity 4.x to CM 4.x it works such that phones created in CM will result in VM mailboxes being created in Unity - there's no post creation data synch going either way so it's a little crude.

For the CM 5.x ("Sea Dragon" to Unity it will be a little more sophisticated - changes to extension info in CM will replicated to Unity (CM's data is considered authoritative here).

But for now changes you make in CM are not automatically replicated to Unity for CM 4.x versions even if you have this setup. You'll have to change the user information in CM to get the CM directory information to update.

It was the user info. I looked right at it and passed right over it. My mistake. Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: