cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH Through VIC-E/M

timmektrakarn
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a doc on how to wire an RCA connector (CD player, DirecTV etc) into an E&M port?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The required PINS on the E&M end are in the manual:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cme33/cme33sa/cme33sys.htm#wp2183399

The other end will depend on what you're connecting to, but should be simple enough as audio outs only have a single pair of wires for each channel (you'd be best to take one channel and move the 'balance' control over to one side I imagine...)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The required PINS on the E&M end are in the manual:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cme33/cme33sa/cme33sys.htm#wp2183399

The other end will depend on what you're connecting to, but should be simple enough as audio outs only have a single pair of wires for each channel (you'd be best to take one channel and move the 'balance' control over to one side I imagine...)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I setup MOH via an E&M card and an external audio source - a bogen radio. I was able to get it to work, but the audio quality is awful. I must have done something wrong. Either there is a problem with my wiring or the impedance/ohm output of the radio is not matching the E&M port. According to Bogen the output is line level 600 OHM output. To try and solve this, I am also looking for the correct way to wire a cable to go from an RJ45 E&M port on the 2801 to a standard right and left RCA audio jack. Looking at the Cisco manual, it sounds simple, you just need to hook up pins 3 and 6. On the radio side for the line level output it uses Left/Right RCA jacks. From what I have read each side has a signal (pin) and a ground (jacket). How do I wire left signal, left ground and right signal, right ground (4 wires total) to just two pins on the E&M port? I have searched and searched and I cannot find anything. I would be happy to make my own cable if I just new how. Sorry for rambling.

Todh,

If you ever figured out a way to connect the E&M via RCA cable I would be happy to find out how you did it?

I too am going from a Bogen RM350D to the E&M on the 2811 router for the MOH and having the same issues you had in your post on NetPro.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: