cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME transfer/call forward to Nortel PBX?

noelmoore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Trying to intergrate a CME with a Nortel PBX.

Call trans/forward do work from a VOIP phone to a mobile or PSTN phone (call goes out the router PRI to to Nortel, CME joined to Nortel PBX via PRI, Nortel has another PRI for PSTN world access)

Just can't trans/forward from a VOIP phone to a Nortel phone .... for the debugs VOIP phone would be 2147 and Nortel phone would be 2160 ... the VOIP phones on 2xxx have been moved off the Nortel PBX, and are only on the CME.

Anyone run into this problem before? not finding much on CCO or google.

Rgrds

Noel

6 Replies 6

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

Noel,

you wish to transfer or forward an incoming call to a PSTN or to a PBX phone?

Your numbers described above are not the same numbers in the debug.. it seems that the router disconnects the call before a call-forward rule, because the called/or forwarded number is not existent..

----------------------------------------------------

Original Called Number=2158, Calling Number=2150, Calling DN=-1,

Redirect Number=2160, Redirect Reason=15

*Nov 14 10:59:39.838: ephone_update_redirect_number orig=2158, cfn=2160, cgn=2150,

----------------------------------------------------

To forward calls you have to add the command for example:

-------------------------

call-forward pattern .T

-------------------------

.T means for all numbers with variable length.

greetings

Mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

I need to be able to tranfer and call forward calls from the VOIP phones to the Nortel phones ... I can tranfers/call forward calls coming into a VOIP phone to another VOIP phone, PSTN world or mobile, but can't transfer the call to a Nortel phone.

I've since added a few lines, the one u suggested and "transfer-pattern .T"

I've a VOIP phone 2158, have set that phone to call forward all to a Nortel phone 2160 ... I then try calling from the PSTN world (and another VOIP and Nortel phone) into ext 2158, but the VOIP phone 2158 will not call forward to Nortel phone 2160.

The VOIP phones can dial the Nortel phones and vice versa, but the VOIP phones just can't transfer or call forward to the Nortel phones.

Not sure what I have done wrong, be it a config error ... but it starting to wreck my head ;-)

Any help appreciated or how to go about troubleshooting this problem.

!

telephony-service

load 7960-7940 P00305000600

load 7920 cmterm_7920-4-0-01-09

load 7970 TERM70.6-0-3SR1S

max-ephones 42

max-dn 144

ip source-address 10.1.255.245 port 2000

auto assign 1 to 4

timeouts interdigit 3

system message ITTD IPT

network-locale GB

date-format dd-mm-yy

create cnf-files version-stamp 7960 Jul 20 2005 17:17:20

dialplan-pattern 1 4042... extension-length 4

max-conferences 8 gain -6

call-forward pattern .T

moh music-on-hold.au

transfer-system full-consult

transfer-pattern 2...

transfer-pattern 9087.......

transfer-pattern 24..

transfer-pattern 92...

transfer-pattern 4042...

transfer-pattern 2160

transfer-pattern .T

secondary-dialtone 9

!

!

Noel,

it seems the CME assumes the 2160 is a internal CME number and disconnects the call.

can you create a dial-peer for example:

!

dial-peer voice 8 pots

destination-pattern 82...

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits 4

!

an make a call-forward to 82160

greetings

mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

That worked, is there any other way to get it to work, without having to put the 8 digit in front of the phones on the Nortel network ... excuse my lack of knowledge here, but if CME knows where the phones are on the Nortel network, why can't it transfer or call forward to them? CME knows the internal VOIP and can transfer and call forward to them.

Tnxs

Noel

Noel,

can you subsume the DNs on the nortel PBX in different dial-peers?

for example: dial-peer voice x pots

destination-pattern 216[0-5]

this should be match the numbers, 2160 to 2165.

dial-peer voice y pots

destination-pattern 217[0-8]

etc...

This should for CME the best match (i hope)..

greetings

mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

I won't be able to try that out until next week ... but before creating this post, I did try creating a single dial-peer for 2160 and that didn't make any difference.

I'll leave the work around in place .. but I'm confused as to why it won't work, I thought if a VOIP phone could call a Nortel phone it should be able to tranfer and call forward to it ... still a newbie to VOIP so learning as I go.

Tnxs for ur help ... if u can think of a logical reason as to why it won't work, perhaps u can let me know, as I am curious.

Rgrds

Noel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: