Views
Helpful
Replies

Bundle L2 EOMPLS VPN

moorthy1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i Need to bundle to two links & pass L2 trafficon 7609 router.can anyone suggest how to configure.

.let me if I need to configure etherchannel/multilink or any other way is their for bundaling link.

regards,

7 Replies 7

AnandJalawadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

yes u can bundle the baove said links using mlfr concept to pass on l2traffic.

Let me know this really helps.

Anand

Can you please guide me how to configure it with commands

Regards,

Are your links going to act CPE Links or Core links. You can do Port channel, MFR for bundling. MLPPP is not a good soln for Multilink.

For etherchannel

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080160eb8.html

For MFR

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00803f37a8.html

HTH

romccallum
Level 4
Level 4

i believe what you are asking is can you take two ethernet ports and then portchannel them and then Eompls on that port channel. The answer to that is no you cant do that.

I just checked in the 7600 12.2(18) SXF tells me it supports EoMPLS on the core and edge. Is there any link which says it doesnt support ? Please let me know

Interface Port-channel1

Transport type Eth VLAN

Core functionality:

MPLS label disposition supported

Distributed processing supported

Control word processing supported

Sequence number processing not supported

VCCV Type 1 processing not supported

Edge functionality:

MPLS label imposition supported

Control word processing not supported

Transport type Ethernet

Core functionality:

MPLS label disposition supported

Control word processing supported

VCCV Type 1 processing not supported

Edge functionality:

MPLS label imposition supported

Control word processing not supported

Hi,

I need to connect two ports on 7609 for EOMPLS network.In short i need to give 400 mpbs connectivity over fast ethernet due to gigbit port problem.I will connect four fastethernet cable from router A to MPLS PE(A) Router then PE(B) Router will connect to router B thurogh four fastethernet cable.

Well through cisco 6509 switch i can use port channel or multilink but i require connectivity for L2 MPLS.

Please suggest best possible solution.

Regards,

You can do port channel and see if it works. or u can create 4 different pseudowires from the interfaces and probably do load-balancing over them which would also solve your issue

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: