Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

OS version does not support the detected server

Unanswered Question
Nov 18th, 2005
User Badges:

Hi,

I am working on a CallManager upgrade to 3.3(5) from 3.3(2) and am experiencing a strange problem:

We inserted the hardware detection disk and get the following error:

"This OS version does not support the detected server"

We are running on Compaq DL380 (MCS 7835 equivalents)

The BIOS on the server is P24 dated 11/15/2002, the server has 1 Gig of memory, a Smart Array 5i controller (w/ v2.38 firmware) and 2 x 18.2 Gig drives

Has anyone seen this error before?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sahong Sat, 11/19/2005 - 12:40
User Badges:

We are running 2000.2.5 SR5. Cisco recommends downloading the 2.6 exe, copying it to the server and upgrading, but we are not confident about doing this. We want to know why this is not working.

Brandon Buffin Sun, 11/20/2005 - 20:05
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Take a look at the following document for hardware requirements as well as instructions for installing the OS. One workaround the document mentions is to install the 2000.2.4 OS and then upgrade to the latest SR if your hardware is not supported by 2000.2.7.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/iptel_os/install/os200027.htm

Hope this helps.

Brandon

sahong Mon, 11/21/2005 - 06:02
User Badges:

Okay, here's what TAC told me. Start here: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/ccmcomp.htm#OS_servers

Basically it tells you 2.7 is the only compatible OS. Download here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des

If you need a bootable 2.7a disk open a TAC case and see if they will RMA you a copy (you will need your Cisco Account Manager's help)

I have a personal issue with this becasue the CallManager upgrade docuementation contradicts this, and the upgrade kit did not come with a bootable 2.7a disk. Luckily I have one.

Well I have both a bootable 2.7 and 2.7a and they give me problems. The 2.7a disk gives me the error listed above. The 2.7 disk actually works and lets me go through the steps and asks for the next dvd disk, but when it puts the OS on it reboots to a blue screen. I have opened a case and will see what TAC tells me about this.

sahong Mon, 11/21/2005 - 11:04
User Badges:

We think we have an answer. We noticed our server is not listed in the approved hardware list and for 2000.2(6), but is in the Approved hardware list for CallManager???

The difference, the model server we have came with a CD-ROM drive. The media (disk 2 and above) are on DVD-ROMs. Du-ohh! this only took 3 days for us to figure out. No response from Cisco. But we are pretty sure this is the imcompatibility.

We were assured the following solution would be okay: find a copy of 2000.2(4) which should be on CD-ROMs only and them upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.

Actions

This Discussion