cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help me find documentation on call coverage

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

I can't seem to find any information on call coverage in the documents I've been able to look at on the web. We haven't upgraded the call manager 4.0 that we have as a pilot yet, so I don't have any help menus on the system itself. I'd like to read up on this feature to see if it's going to give us what we need, should we decide to intall the system as is. If we won't have good call coverage and forwarding like we do on the system we currently use, then we need to look into adding on something like Personal Assistant (maybe). I just need to see what Cisco says in detail about this new feature that was added in 4.1 I'm looking for a detailed description of the feature and how to program it. Here's what I've seen so far...if you can give me a link to a document that has what I'm looking for, I'd appreciate it :)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/index.htm

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps556/c1650/cdccont_0900aecd801979f0.pdf

Call coverage—Cisco CallManager Version 4.1 provides the ability to set up coverage paths to route calls to individuals or groups, helping to

ensure that calls are answered. Call coverage features include:

– Forwarding out of a coverage path.

– Ability to set up different coverage paths based on time of day, day of week, or day of year.

– Ability to provide separate forwarding treatment for internal versus external Call Forward No-Answer (CFNA) calls.

– Ability to provide separate forwarding treatment for internal versus external Call Forward Busy (CFB) calls.

– Support of a maximum timer for hunt lists.

– Ability to allow a line to appear in multiple line groups, which was a limitation in previous versions of Cisco CallManager.

– Ability to allow a gateway to appear in multiple route groups, which was a limitation in previous versions of Cisco CallManager.

– Ability to divert to a final forwarding location when a hunt list terminates, either through exhaustion or expiration of its maximum hunt

timer. This location may be a dialed number (voicemail pilot, another hunt pilot, a route pilot, or any allowed dialed number) or a checkbox

to select personal treatment based on settings for the original called party’s line.

– Splitting the existing route-list/hunt-list GUI into two separate forms—one for hunt list and one for route list.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can find more information in administrative guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed74c.html#wp1019860

Forward No Coverage Internal

This field applies only to CTI route points and CTI ports. The settings in this row specify the forwarding treatment for internal calls to this CTI route point or CTI port if the CTI route point or CTI port has no coverage. Specify the following values:

•Voice Mail—Check this check box to use settings in the Voice Mail Profile Configuration window.

Note When this check box is checked, Cisco CallManager ignores the settings in the Coverage/Destination box and Calling Search Space. When this check box is checked for internal calls, the system automatically checks the Voice Mail check box for external calls. If you do not want external calls to forward to the voice-messaging system, you must uncheck the Voice Mail check box for external calls.

•Coverage/Destination—This setting specifies the directory number to which an internal nonconnected call is forwarded when an application that controls that directory number fails. Use any dialable phone number, including an outside destination.

Note When you enter a coverage/destination value for internal calls, the system automatically copies this value to the Coverage/Destination field for external calls. If you want external calls to forward to a different destination, you must enter a different value in the Coverage/Destination field for external calls.

•Calling Search Space—This setting applies to all devices that are using this directory number.

Note When you choose a Calling Search Space for internal calls, the system automatically copies this setting to the Calling Search Space setting for external calls. If you want external calls to forward to a different calling search space, choose a different setting in the Calling Search Space for external calls.

Chris

But I still don't see anything in there about 'coverage paths', how to configure, etc. Unless I'm missing something. I just assumed there would be a section that discussed that topic.

We are having a similar problem too with our hunt group. I can't find any detailed step by step instructions as to how to set up scenarios. We have a hunt pilot number set up for a help desk that is a DID. Then we have three phone extensions listed then to voice mail last. We cannot get the thing to ring on the pilot number. There needs to be some SIMPLE instructions for those new to this technology to get their objectives accomplished. What I see in the documentation answers is copied right out of their manuals, which I have read, but still don't understand the process. There are too many factors to consider and we need some other real life 'what if' and 'how to' scenarios.

Coverage in CM is implemented using Hunt groups, CSS/Partitions, and Time of day routing.

Here are the instructions how to configure Hunt Lists http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1065080

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: